Last week I was nominated by Kylie at Outnumbered by Blessings for The Sunshine Blogger Award! The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition award for fellow bloggers who inspire and uplift through the content of their blog. I am truly honored that she would think of me and not surprised one bit that she was nominated twice. She shares devotionals, encouragement, and even some recipes on her blog. Check her out here!
These are the questions Kylie asked…
What is your favorite activity at church?
I truly love every part: serving, praise and worship, learning about the scriptures, and giving.
What is your favorite and most touching experience that you have had with Jesus?
Redemption. Recognizing how much he truly loves me and reflecting on what he saved me from. Comfort in the most difficult times, knowing I could fully trust him through the struggle.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It is my dream to visit Israel and walk where Yeshua walked. Apart from that, I really would love to travel almost everywhere!
You can have anything in the world to eat, what is it?
Seafood paella in Spain, oxtail and plantains in Jamaica, frituras (and most anything really) in Puerto Rico, calamari with fries in France, guacamole in Mexico, and I can go on and on. I’m such a foodie!
What verse(s) of scripture best describes you?
Luke 8:2 (ESV) “some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out…”
Romans 6:18 “and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.”
John 20:18 “Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, ‘I have seen the Lord’—and that he had said these things to her.”
Jesus redeemed Mary from her past and prompted an unbelievable change in her. She was not considered worthy yet she was the first to see Jesus at his tomb. Because of his grace and her willing and devoted heart, Jesus used her to pass the message to his disciples. I feel like that is my life in a nutshell. He redeemed me from spirits that had clung to me knowingly and unknowingly. I am so overwhelmed by his grace and amazed that he would continue to use someone like me for his glory.
What is your personal ministry?
For many years my ministry was mentoring young women and teens. My heart was in helping them live a life of purpose with Jesus as their source. While I still officially mentor one lovely young lady, I have been feeling a pull towards helping women see God’s design, power, and intention for their marriages.
What was the main reason for starting your blog?
I have always loved writing and am an encourager to the core. When God put it on my heart to leave my career as a teacher and homeschool my children full-time, I took a leap of faith. Shortly after, I stumbled upon Heather and Pete Reese’s 5 Day Start A Money Making Blog Email Crash Course and decided to give blogging a try. I could not believe how much actually goes into blogging but I was very excited about the possibilities and results of hard work.
Has your blog changed from what you originally intended it to be?
I’m still in the beginning stages but I am definitely feeling a pull and passion toward my faith category. I initially thought my homeschooling category would dominate because of my background in education. Although I am still very passionate about education, sharing the love of Jesus brings me the most joy!
How has blogging changed your life?
Blogging has connected me with amazingly beautiful people with a passion for making others’ lives easier and more enjoyable. It has allowed me to encourage women I have never even met and share myself with strangers and friends alike.
What is your favorite activity to do as a family?
More and more each day, God is helping me to put my family first and truly value my time with them. I especially love playing board games together, studying the scriptures as a family, praise & worship, and prayer/pillow talk time with the kids.
What is your go to meal?
My go-to meal would have to be chicken cutlets with yellow rice and beans and sweet plantains, mainly because my husband is obsessed and my picky toddlers eat it all.
Thanks again Kylie for nominating me! This post was so much fun to do! I nominate:
- Laura Gilchrist- Be Free To Fly
- Sarah L. Brumley- Lemon Blessings
- Laura Belle- Life is Now in Session
- Kristi & Brent Corder- Way Beyond the Norm
- Candi Randolph- Inspire My Style
- Herchel Scruggs- Gym Craft Laundry
- Samantha- Stir the Wonder
- Nancy Mulligan- My Everyday Challenges
- Lori Jackson- Choosing Wisdom
- Alyssa Joy- Bringing Up Joy
- Bola Adesanya- Godfidencefabgirls
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and add a link back to his/her blog. 2. Answer the questions the blogger asked you. 3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and give them 11 questions you have chosen. 4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
I would love for you to answer the following questions:
- When did you decide to become a blogger?
- What is your biggest joy as a blogger?
- What has been your biggest challenge as a blogger?
- Who has made the biggest impact on your life?
- If you could tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
- What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
- If money was no option, what would you do?
- What is your favorite Bible verse or famous quote?
- Name one book that has changed your mindset about life.
- If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?